Basic Policy for Protection of Personal Information
TEIJIN FRONTIER CO., LTD. (hereinafter the “Company”) and its group companies (hereinafter collectively the “TFR Group”) are committed to promoting the protection of personal information by developing the following basic policy for the protection of personal information:
1. Compliance with Laws and Standards
The TFR Group will comply with applicable laws and any other standards relating to personal information held by the TFR Group.
2. Obtainment of Personal Information
The TFR Group will obtain personal information in a legal and fair way.
3. Use of Personal Information
The TFR Group will, in relation to personal information to be obtained by the TFR Group, identify and specify to the subject individual the purposes of use thereof. The personal information obtained will also be used for business to the extent that the use of such information falls within the purposes of use.
4. Personal Information Security Management
The TFR Group will make efforts to protect personal information against loss, destruction, alteration, disclosure, unauthorized access or other similar events. As a security management measure therefor, a person(s) in charge of the protection of personal information will be designated, and an appropriate system will be developed to ensure the effectiveness thereof. The TFR Group will ensure awareness by providing education for directors and employees of the TFR Group.
5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Party
The TFR Group will not, without good cause, provide personal information to any third party except with the consent of the subject individual, or as provided by law or otherwise.
6. Response to Complaints and Inquiries on Handling of Personal Information
The TFR Group will respond properly to complaints and inquiries on the handling of personal information.
7. Continuous Improvement of Personal Information Protection Activities
The TFR Group will, in the event of a change in any law, standard, or other requirement, review our system for protection of personal information, and make efforts to engage in continuous improvements as applicable.
Notice on Handling of Personal Information pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information
Each TFR Group company will handle personal information on its website pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information as follows:
1. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
Your personal information will be used for the following purposes:
- Answers and other responses to inquiries from you;
- Provision of products and services to you;
- Provision of information on products and services to you; and
- Researches, analyses, and audits related to the businesses of the TFR Group.
2. Provision of Personal Information to Third Party
Personal information held by the TFR Group will not be provided to any third party without your consent except:
- if such information is provided to any of contractors or business partners of the TFR Group to the extent necessary for business purposes;
- if business is succeeded pursuant to law or otherwise, either by merger, corporate separation or transfer of business, or for any other reason;
- if the provision of such information is required by law or otherwise; or
- if such information is shared for joint use within the TFR Group.
3. Joint Use of Personal Information
Personal Information held by the TFR Group may be shared for joint use within the TFR Group as follows:
- Personal information that may be shared for joint use: names, email addresses, physical addresses, phone numbers, dates of birth, fax numbers, sexes, companies or organizations to which the subject individuals belong, jobs, the content of messages;
- Companies with whom personal information may be shared for joint use: the TFR Group companies that can be found at the following URL:
- Purposes for which personal information may be shared for joint use: the same purposes as listed in “1. Purposes of Use of Personal Information”; and
- Person in charge of joint use: the same person as listed in “8. Personal Information Protection Manager.”
4. Outsourcing of Personal Information Processing
If the processing of personal information held by the TFR Group is outsourced, the TFR Group will execute agreements as necessary and will implement appropriate management and supervision arrangements.
5. Response to Request for Disclosure or other Handling of Personal Information
The TFR Group will promptly respond if you make a request for disclosure, correction or other handling relating to your personal information. Such request may be made to a contact designated on the website of each TFR Group company.
6. Voluntary Provision of Personal Information
You provide your personal information on a voluntary basis; provided that if you do not provide any necessary information, the TFR Group may not be able to provide any product or service or give an answer or other response to your inquiry in an appropriate way.
8. Personal Information Protection Manager
Manager, Environment, Safety & Quality Assurance Department
TEIJIN FRONTIER CO., LTD. (Yasunari Hirata, President Chief Executive Officer)
2-4, Nakanoshima 3-chome, Kita-ku,
Osaka 530-8605, Japan
Notice on Handling of Personal Information pursuant to GDPR
Each TFR Group company will, in addition to [Handling of Personal Information pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information], handle personal information of European Economic Area (EEA) residents on its website pursuant to the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as follows:
1. Legal Ground for Handling Personal Information
The TFR Group will, on a legal ground that the TFR Group obtains consent from you, handle your personal information to the extent to which you give consent.
2. Transfer of Personal Information to Third Countries outside EU
If the TFR Group needs to transfer personal information to any service provider or recipient located in a non-EEA country for any of the purposes of use of such information, the TFR Group may so transfer the information. The TFR Group will transfer the same to a third country solely in compliance with applicable data protection laws (Articles 45 and 46 of the GDPR). The TFR Group will take appropriate protective measures by entering into standard contractual clauses if the TFR Group transfers the information to any country without an adequacy decision by the European Commission.
3. Period of Retention of Personal Information
The TFR Group will manage your personal information solely for such period as required for compliance with legal obligations and the purposes of use of such information. If the TFR Group no longer needs personal information, the TFR Group will delete and erase such information without prior or subsequent consent.
4. Your Rights
(1)You will have the following rights with respect to your personal information held by the TFR Group:
- Right of access (Article 15 of the GDPR);
- Right to rectification (Article 16 of the GDPR);
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) (Article 17 of the GDPR)
- Right to restriction of processing (Article 18 of the GDPR)
- Right to object to processing (Article 21 of the GDPR)
- Right to data portability (Article 20 of the GDPR)
- (2)You will have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to the extent that your personal information is processed with such consent. Your withdrawal of consent will not impair the legality of the processing that has taken place with your consent prior to such withdrawal.
- (3)You will have the right to submit a complaint to an information protection supervisory authority relating to the handling by the TFR Group of your personal information.